CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

To move or not to move? You got me.

Wisdom from Kelley:

If you watch a pot of water it will never boil.

If you really, really, really want to move into your newly rented house in the town you've been looking forward to settling into for over a year and every day you figure it will be the day...it may take weeks longer than expected.

ok, I'm done with that wisdom stuff...

Thursday was possibly going to be the day, then Friday, then Saturday, then my friends Sunday came and we realized the house had no water (the water it did have was only leftover in the pipes...it was actually cut off in June!). Today the landlord met us there and then went to go pay the bill. J dropped by later this afternoon and hallelujah, there is water! Of course the new plan is the move in first thing in the morning. I am soooooo excited and if it doesn't happen tomorrow...well, I may have to make a visit to the psychiatrist (my mother-in-law was my psychiatrist today as I had a mini-breakdown...but after some prayer and a ladies night decorating note-books I feel good to go:-) So the house doesn't have a shower-head or a toilet seat but we can work with that. I think I would settle into a shack at this point, just for the sake of settling! Although one positive thing about being stuck in the apartment is that I've had several of those W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L showers. You see, there's always a positive side to things, isn't there? That's me, Mrs. Positive.

Hopefully a few days from now I'll have some glorious pictures to share of our new house freshly filled with older stuff. One nice thing about the house is that there is a lot of sunlight. The downside to that (let me exit the Mrs. Positive roll for a sentence here) is that the stains on our couches and the dings in our furniture are very noticeable. So the good thing about that, ladies(resuming roll of Mrs. Positive) is that I have lots of fun refinishing furniture projects ahead of me and a good excuse to get my couches recovered (I've never cared for the color of our couches but didn't have a good reason to recover them. They look bad enough in the sunlight that I wonder how many would be brave enough to actually sit on them?).

We're off in the morning to head to a huge city about an hour away from here to do a bit of shopping. We still need more transformers and a few odds and ends.

I'll end with a few pictures of the mess on our back porch...








Ok, so perhaps it wasn't the mess itself I was wanting to showoff :-)


2 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Hang in there, Kell! Should we mail you a toilet seat?

Love that little mess in the middle! At least she's have a great time.

Meg in Tally said...

One day, I'm actually gonna READ my comment before I push PUBLISH!!!

Again, I say...
At least she's having a great time!