CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And it's color shall be purple...

I am now officially the proud owner of a new, shiny, purple bicycle! Wish I could take a picture to show it off. It's one of the simple, kinda geeky type of bikes that is way more comfortable than the mountain bikes (I can sit up half-way and the seat doesn't leave me bruised like so many other bikes. Who designs those seats anyway?). Unfortunately on the ride to town (heading towards our new house to clean it) the steering had issues which I'm sure has affected the brakes as well, which are now not working. As annoying as it was to walk the bike there and back with Karis in the Ergo carrier, I'm sure it's something simple. Perhaps I'll con one of the men around here to look at it today. Either way, it's a very pretty bicycle, working or not!

Unless something unexpected happens our "stuff" is on it's way here and should arrive in the morning! yahoo! Have I mentioned how anxious I am to get settled? I think I'll feel like a new person. Yet at the same time being unsettled for so long has been a great lesson in taking life one day at a time. Although I have a long way to go it's also been a growing experience not having my sweet, wonderful, amazingly-handy and convenient hubby around! Without him I've had to go out of my comfort zone and actually ask others for favors (I'm so prideful, I hate the thought of being an inconvenience to others and therefore will do everything I can to avoid asking somebody for something!). When others aren't able to help me out my initial thought is "whoa is me" yet this past week it has become more natural to just take my thoughts/feelings to the Lord. He is my Rock...

Last night was the first night I got to try out the new, shiny, purple bicycle with Karis on my back (she goes in an Ergo baby carrier). On the way home (it was already dark) she said all in one breath "I don't have a bike. I don't have a dog. I just have an apartment. Do you see the stars? God made the stars".


4 comments:

Unknown said...

No pictures? I want to see a picture! A purple bike. That's great. Can you get a child seat for it? I thought I read you already had a bike seat. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Meg in Tally said...

Funny, how you said "whoa is me"! Actually, 'whoa' means STOP for a horse...so maybe its one of those things telling you to STOP whining... or complaining 'woe' is me!!! LOL!!!

Karis really knows how to whine and praise all in the same breath!

I'm with Mama Weso...what happened to your camera, girl?

Kelley said...

Haha...that's so funny! Glad you caught that, Meg! And my camera is fine...the batteries died and I didn't have the charger with me and didn't want to spend moula on batteries (don't you girls read EVERY post I write? Ha!)...

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

So glad you came by the Land of Pink! Hope you enjoy the biscuit mix!!