CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Plane tickets and a Karis Moment

Well, we just purchased our plane tickets so Karis and I will head out early Wednesday morning. We still don't know where we'll stay for the time being, or how we'll look for a house, or whether we'll try to buy or rent a house...but hey, now is a good time to claim Romans 8:28, right? We will fly from here to Brasilia where a friend will pick us up and take us to the bus station. From there we'll catch a bus to a city where half of the gang here moved (3-4 hour ride). We'll spend the night with Kim and then on Thursday catch a ride with another friend headed towards the small town we plan to live in.

I just had a fun conversation with Karis. She was playing in her "house" made out of cardboard boxes (her dad is the creative one who made it for her). I went to the window and knocked...

Me: Hello? Anybody there? Oh, hi. I'm hungry, will you fix me some food?
Karis: Yep. psss...pss...(her hands twisting imaginary knobs, etc). Here ya go!
Me: oh, what's this?
Karis: Rice and beans.
Me: oh yummy, that was the best rice and beans I've ever had. Can you fix me some dessert?
Karis: Oh yeah...pss...pss....Here ya go!
Me: Oh, what kind of dessert is this?
Karis: Fambulous dessert! (in non-Karis language that would be "fabulous" dessert).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw. How cute. I want some fambulous dessert too!

Jon Jon Wesolowski said...

If i send you a 12x12 picture in a frame will you put it by her bed? i don't want her to forget her most "fambulous" uncle. I miss her! you too, but since this story was about her i mentioned her

Meg in Tally said...

Ok...think of something fambulous to say...I'm getting absolutely nothing...sorry!

Have a safe trip...we'll be praying that God will have the perfectly fambulous house waiting for you when you get there!!!

bjk said...

I love the creativity of the young mind (well I guess her papai was creative too, huh?) How fun! Wish I could have some of her yummy rice and beans (I'll skip the dessert even tho it's fambulous).

We're praying for God to go ahead and have just the right house waiting for you - even if it may be on a dirt street. Boa viagem!

Mamajil said...

Aw I love pretend meals with little ones! Ruby always makes me some and then after I pretend to eat it she says "more? More?"

I am praying for your housing situation to be taken care of!!
Also praying for a safe and good trip for you and Karis!

btw....you can copy my map or anything else :) I got there from MEG's blog....so you can say I copied her too! Isn't Meg cool, we are all copying her.... :) :)