CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Meg-n-Tally Wannabe, Sparklers & Monkeys

Of course it will come as no surprise (to those who read Meg's blog as well as mine) that once she does something to her blog I am quick to follow (don't let her fool you, she knows what she's doing!). She changed her template which inspired me as well. Actually, after she changed hers and as I began to peruse other blogs (Meg's suggestion as well) I realized how many thousands of people had made the same choice as me for Thisaway Rose...perhaps it has something to do with only having 10 template choices when you sign on with Blogger. And I'm all about establishing my own bloggy-identity. Thankfully I am the one who gets to follow and learn from other's mistakes...I copied and pasted all of my widget codes before changing templates:-) Thanks Meg! BUT I am a bit disappointed because the pictures I post are somewhat transparent, which makes them more difficult to see with the background showing through. Does anybody know of a way to alter that? Or am I just stuck with everything that comes with this template? Please send any suggestions this way. Or if you know of another site with different template options. I really like how this one portrays a sunny day, yet I'm not completely attached to it yet. Ok, too many details.

The 4 of us left here on the base (the three of us and Kim's hubby) had a celebration of our own last night. We built a big fire, roasted hot-dogs and lit off lots of cheesy fireworks (1/4 of which were duds). Although she didn't know the difference...one of the many joys of having a 2-year old.

Perhaps Brazilian sparklers are a bit more smoky than normal
(can you see her foot peeking out beneath the cloud of smoke?).



We also partook in our last (most likely last) feeding of the monkeys in our backyard this morning. For me the excitement of feeding them wore off after 6 months of living here so I forget how fun it is for Karis.




She's becoming an ol' pro now and isn't afraid to go right up to them with the banana. And because it's dry season they are very short on food and extremely thankful for the freeby! They like to grab onto your hand as they eat the banana but it's amazing how gentle they are while eating.




1 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Hey Kell, Love the bright sight! Also LOVED more "it only happens in Brazil" stuff.

I can't imagine having monkeys outside in the trees. We're busy trying to get rid of the squirrels who are attempting to eat us out of house and home. They chewed holes in our industrial-grade feed can; thus, allowing TWO brand-new bags of horse feed to ruin!!! Do the monkeys do stuff like that?

So...give us more Brazil and we also need more photos of Karis being cute. Never can get enough of those!