CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

On the road again...

By the time anybody reads this post we'll be on the road, again. And for those of you who have never traveled in Brazil that means we'll be traveling anywhere between 30-50 mph, dodging pot-holes the size of tapirs for 2 days straight (tapir was my animal of choice so you'd have to look it up if you don't know what it is! well, that and they are rather large animals which helps give a better idea to the naive Americans who don't know what a real pot-hole looks like. ha! Maybe I'll take a few pictures of the beauties we encounter along the way for future posts).

We were supposed to be on the road today but it is taking much longer to load up our trucks and trailers than anticipated. We're helping my dear sis-n-law, her hubby and baby move to the small town they will be working from these next few years. Our latest plan is to leave early in the morning. We'll see how that goes! I guess you'll know if I don't post again tomorrow:-)


Cristy had this amazing idea to make a playpen out of boxes! It was great. The kiddos played in there for about 2 hours!

As busy as we've been Jonathan always manages to find time to spiff up his green baby. Karis loves to help. Isn't her left butt-cheek so cute hanging out?


Can you tell her bathing suit used to be mine and that the elastic is a bit stretched out? She didn't mind...it's always exciting to have a duck on your belly (even if it's supposed to be on your chest).

4 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Soooooo cute, as usual! The box idea seems good. Don't kids always like to have a 'fort' of some kind? Hopefully, Karis didn't use the tape on the baby!

Was that really YOUR bathing suit?

Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Aw ... I remember that bathing suit and so will your dad. It was one of his favorites (perhaps because it was worn by his firstborn??? -- I never thought it was that cute!) Anything Karis wears is cute. I love the playpen boxes. Glad the truck will be clean for the trek across dirt roads. Keep us posted. I'm off to my Sunday afternoon nap. ZZZZzzzzzzz

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Wow. I just read all your posts after your journey. What an amazing time. I am so blessed that you were able to participate in the clinic. Thank you.

Mamajil said...

I love the box/playpen idea!!
and Karis is adorable!!
I really enjoy your blog!
Hope you have a great day!