CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Headin' out...

Just a quick post before I head out on our trip today. We leave at 1:30pm and will have about a 3 hour drive...all of the activities begin tomorrow! For the most part there are a lot of unknowns to me because this will be the first trip of this kind that I've ever been on. What I do know is that....

1. 30-40 medical Dr.'s have arrived from the States....
2. We're headed to a poor community for the Dr.'s to serve. The churches who have organized this group have been to other communities and they do this a few times a year but the location we're going to is a new one.
3. Saturday will be the first day of interpreting for the Dr.'s as well as the patients.
4. The days will be long but we will get fed fabulous food 3 times a day (a great motivator for me!)
5. We will be staying in a hotel and the medical clinic will be held at a school.
6. By Sunday I'll be feeling rather desperate to see my dh and dd.
7. We will come home Wednesday/Thursday.

The morning has already flown by so I better wrap this up. I've accomplished most of what I needed to do which included making a huge pot of rice so that J & K can live off of stir-fry for the next 6 days!

I am really excited because I know the Lord is going to stretch me in new ways. Please pray for us if we come to mind...that we will be used as instruments of Him and that those who are receiving medical treatment will also have hearts soft and receptive towards the Gospel. It will be great to see what the Lord does!

So for now, farewell. I expect to see lots of new comments on my later posts when I am home and can continue in my blogging addiction:-)

Here is the version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" sung by Karis last night...

"Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb....Mary had a little lamb it's fleece has a big hole".

4 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Sounds like an exciting trip! Hopefully, you will come back and blog up a storm about all the lives that were changed!

J and K eating rice for 6 days. Sounds absolutely boring! Maybe he can come up with a little pb&j.

I like the song. It's very near to my heart since it has been used against me for the past 47 years. Many times I've felt like the lambs have holes in their fleece!

We'll be praying for your trip.

Unknown said...

We'll be praying and awaiting a report when you get back. Where are the doctors coming from? What an exciting week for you! We love you.

Tiffany said...

What an exciting trip! It will be neat to see what the Lord does and how He uses all of you! Rich blessings and we will be praying for you and the team!

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

praying.