CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Lethargic

I'm sitting here wondering what I'm going to write about but feeling the need to write something since it' s been a few days and I'm determined to not give up on blogging so soon (Kimmy told me how she loves to read blogs but most of her friends do it for a few weeks and then quit, which makes me want to be one of the few and the proud).

Well, I can tell everybody how I'm feeling today (groggy!) and that I'm feeling that way because of something very dumb I did last night knowing I'd regret it and yet still followed through with my silly idea. It all started when I decided to take a Sunday nap...I hardly ever take naps...I try a few times a week but only succeed every few months. Yesterday turned out to be quite a success as I slept the afternoon away! Of course everybody knows what's coming now. There I sat (I was laying down, actually) in bed without any feelings of sleepiness. Midnight rolled around and knowing that I had an appointment to make at 8am and feeling frustrated over how tired I knew I would be if I didn't go to sleep I decided to think about a plan of action. What would make me sleepy? I meandered (Cristy uses that word all the time...I like it) towards the bathroom to see what kind of drugs I could find. Nothing caught my eye but the night-time cold/flu capsules. Yes, I did it...I took two of those huge green gel capsules, and against my better judgment. So two very large and majorly caffeinated cups of Brazilian coffee later here I sit shaky from the caffeine and still groggy from the drugs. The cool part is that I don't have an appetite (do I foresee a new diet plan emerging?) but the bummer is that it's our anniversary (7 whole years!) and I'm afraid I won't be much fun on our date tonight. Thankfully we're going to an early movie where I'll have an opportunity to get in a few hours of sleep before our dinner in town. Did I mention that I'm feeling a bit hebetudinous? (I added that for those of you who read Mary and Debbie's blog...I wanna be cool like them.)

3 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Kell, I can't believe you actually admitted to taking those gelcaps to sleep! Yes, tell us your humiliating experiences...but NEVER admit to stupidity! LOL!!

Actually, I can give you very clear guidance in your napping problem. I am a nap connoisseur (surely I don't have to spell it right, too?)!

If you sleep too long on Sunday afternoon (my favorite nap!) don't worry about being up late. Get a good book and enjoy it. Remember, you've renewed your body already, so if you only get a few hours sleep, your body shouldn't have a hard time with it! If it does, it is very important to take ANOTHER nap the next day. Then you can get your clock really messed up! JK!

Glad you like my scrolly thingy... I'll bask in the glory of being the only one of my friends that has one and letting them be jealous of me for a few days!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Wish you were in the states to celebrate. I'm with Mary -- when you can't sleep, read a book! Your body will catch you up later! Mom

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

I have taken maybe two pills in a years time. What's wrong with me?