CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Daughter of Wonder-Woman doesn't multi-task.

I've never been a multi-tasker and yes, I am Pat Weso's daughter. How did it happen? I have no idea...all I know is that the only two things I can do at the same time are chew gum and talk (which I haven't done in quite a while since smacking gum is number 1,897 on Jonathan's pet peeve list). I'm realizing that besides multi-tasking I have a hard time focusing on more than one thing in my life at a time. For example, we're about to move...I wish I could just think about packing up and moving. But I have this anxious feeling deep down inside. I don't even know why because it's not that I have too much on my plate, it's that I have too many different things. Yesterday I worked a little bit helping the base pack up. Today I packed up some boxes in my house. Tonight I entertained some friends who are in town this week (who were not fond of my chili. FYI, I can tell when people don't like my food. "Thanks Kelley for supper. It was very filling" is a good clue and in case you think I'm reading into that one comment there were a lot more signs people, I just don't want to chase this rabbit trail any further). So anyway, tomorrow is J's birthday ...it will be a fun day trying to make it special for him. Thursday is more packing, supper with friends in town (who we haven't seen in a while). Friday I leave for a 6-day trip to interpret for a medical team coming down to help out a very poor community (again, I'm very excited yet nervous as all get out. What if I don't remember basic words in Portuguese, like kidney?). When I come back I'll have one full day to hug and kiss my 2-year old who I will never want to leave again (that goes for my husband too, of course!) before we leave town to help my sister/brother-in-law move to a different small town (hubby and baby will be coming with). It will be fun and memorable I'm sure. Then when we come back I'll pack up a bit more before Karis and I move without Jonathan so that hopefully we can find a house to live in. And because life has changed from week-to-week since we arrived in April I have to admit I'm a bit on edge as it is. Yes, I really am Pat's daughter and nobody can explain to me how this happened. I was confident that I'd automatically inherit the gene that eliminates labor when having a baby (along with the labor pains) yet that didn't work out either...it really didn't work out.

On a more positive note living with a 2-year old is rather revealing. There are things I say on a regular basis and had no idea that I say at all! One of them is beginning a question with "shall we..." Karis has been saying that lately and today's example was in the grocery store when she said "mommy, shall we get cookies for tea-party?" It is SO cute hearing that come from a little squeaky voice.

I get to a see a picture of how I reprimand Karis by watching her talk to her baby doll (it is a great tool for motivating me to be a good mom. I'm sure she knows this and is using it as a tool for manipulation). Hopefully I can't take everything that she does or says to her doll too seriously...she's such a bossy little girl.

These pictures underneath are completely random and don't have anything to do with this post.

Karis poured her own milk for the first time and was determined to get as much into the cups as possible. Can you believe that neither spilled over?

Bossy yet cute.

3 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Don't worry about not inheriting the multi-tasking gene, I'm sure her genes were developed over the years of juggling children! You have other wonderful qualities! Of course, your mom has those too, but I'm sure you have them STRONGER in some areas!

That Mary must be a really wonderful gal to share that scrolly thingy...

My dd got her road rage from her mom...she was 3 when I heard from the back seat "Mommy, where did the stupid lady go?" Maybe there really is something to "Out of the mouths of babes."

Mrs. Pittman said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. You sound like you're doing plenty!
And I think multi-tasking is way overrated (can you tell I don't do it well, either.)

And don't tell your mom, but I have found (over my MANY years...) that Wonder-Women have weak areas. We always tend to compare ourselves to the best in everyone, when actually they are only good at a couple of things at most...and we want to be the best at Everything.

You are an incredible mother, and you obviously have a huge heart for service. (Those are two qualities you and your mother definitley share :))

Unknown said...

Grandpa looked at Karis' cup pouring skills and said, "That's an ART!"
So, were the cups then picked up or did you sip out of them? Too funny. Shall we do that again?