CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Special Moments

Tonight I was unexpectedly inspired to tell Karis what a gift she is to us...how long I had waited/prayed for a baby and how excited I was when I found out I was expecting! I was putting her to bed and holding her (we were about to begin our nightly ritual of singing 3 songs) and since she had missed her nap today she was unusually still in my arms, just looking at me. I was amazed at how well she appeared to be listening to my somewhat lengthy rendition of events leading up to her birth. I ended my touching story (almost with tears in my eyes) by giving her a kiss (ok, more like 5 kisses). She looked up at me, smiled and said "but mommy, I have a bug-bite on my foot". Yes, it was one of those special mommy/daughter moments she'll never forget, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Jon Jon Wesolowski said...

t nothing less.

Unknown said...

I love it. It's great to have children experience the joys of motherhood. A bug bite ... that's too funny. We have Jagger here tonight. Now if we could add Karis and Dominic to the evening life would be close to perfect!

Love, mom