CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm pregnant with triplets!

Ok, just kidding but I couldn't come up with a good title so I thought I'd throw that in there for fun. Sure wish I could see or hear the reaction that title may have caused. I guess I'll just have to enjoy it via my own imagination :-)

I'm losing my readership. Really, I am. Perhaps it has something to do with the sporadic manner in which I've been posting the past 6 months. Twice a week, then once a month, then once every few months, then twice a week again. I'm not sure why but I find security in knowing I write something worth reading. Even if it is just family, the oh-so-obligated ones. The truth is, life has sort of taken over. Bloggy life was naturally put on the back burner as our days filled up with....stuff. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I only have a few more weeks of Portuguese class. It has been a great blessing and has jump started my language learning in a new way, which I am very grateful for. However, having 3 1/2 hour classes twice a week is something I won't miss too much.

As my pictures take 30 minutes to load I'll go off on a slight rabbit trail. A Karis story, to be honest. Several weeks ago when Jonathan was traveling I had a friend offer to watch Karis so that I could go to Bible study (yahoo!). She was watching Karis at another friend's house whose children were already in bed. As I left I told Lita that Karis was probably going to ask for cookies but that she could only have water while I was gone (thinking that the munchkin would take advantage of the situation and do her best to convince Lita she needed lots of cookies in my absense.) However, I didn't think about the fact that Karis didn't eat very much for supper and may need something else before bedtime. So after an hour or so passed Karis began asking Lita for food but Lita wanted to respect my wishes of only giving her water so she kept turning down each and every request that Karis threw her way. After 30 minutes or so Lita saw Karis go out the front door (remember that by now it's 9pm at night and pitch black outside.) "oh, Karis, you need to come inside...don't go outside, it's dark." To which Karis replied in a pathetic & whiney voice "but I have to. I HAVE to find some food!"

My pictures have finally loaded! It is 2pm and I am just now finishing this post that began at 9:15am today....


I love this picture. They were watching soccer. This is what I would be doing myself after about 5 minutes of watching a black and white ball being kicked around a patch of grass. Brazilian soccer players do make it more interesting as they are quite dramatic when somebody so much as looks at them funny on the field. Yes, I'm done now.



Technically speaking dry season should be in full swing. Thankfully, we're still getting some rain!


Karis' new favorite thing to do is to build "airplanes" in her room. This is the most frequently built airplane.


She will crawl in there and spent up to 20 minutes sometimes just hanging out! Unfortunately this doesn't occur when I'm cooking or during a time I'd really like her to hang out underneath a pillow or two, but still, it's nice she can keep herself entertained.

And because I thought I was short on pictures this morning for this post.



Yes, this was part of a dance choreographed by the munchkin herself.


And because we're mean parents :-)



We have many changes taking place in our lives. After next week we'll have more details to share about what the future holds for the Kroeker family!

8 comments:

Laura said...

The funniest thing we've done to one of our kids was to give him a bite of a DQ blizzard made with pop-rock candies. Super-funny. I wish we had video.

Mrs. Pittman said...

I can confirm the fact that you lose readers when you don't post. Not sure why they don't want to read the last one over and over and over again.

This is why I do Everyday in May each year. It's not too late to join us!

And BTW! That subject line was a dirty trick. You had my heart racing for a nanosecond!

MamaHen Em said...

Oh that wasn't fair! I thought Oh no! I don't check blogs for one day and crazy fantastic news has been posted??!! Not nice :)

Karis makes me smile. She is soo cute!

Cwesolowski said...

AWWWWWW!
that was SO cute!!!!!!
here face was hilarious!
i miss y'all SO much!
wish i could be there!

allhisblessings said...

Ha ha!! I love being mean to my kids like that. They'll appreciate it when they're older :)

Christopher Ryan said...

So, I have to agree about the heading! Boo! Well, we'll just say it's a prediction for the future! ;)

Love the pics of Karis, as usual! You guys have the cutest little munchkin ever! The video is hilarious! Gotta love "wow, that's sour!" faces!!

Looking forward to hearing what's coming next for you guys.

Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it lately, we're praying for you guys! I know God is using you to touch people even in ways you don't fully understand right now! So, be encouraged!

Tell Jonathan and Karis hello for us!

Unknown said...

I'll never quit check for new posts ... and that might be true even if I wasn't your mom! :) Thanks for all the cute pix!
Happy Mother's Day!

Mom

Kelley said...

Yeah, sorry to all of you who actually take time out of your day to pray for future Kroeker Kiddos. I didn't take that factor in when I came up with that goofy title!