CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

On the road again (the elephant-sized pot-hole-filled road, that is)

Just a warning, this post will not have any photos. I know, how am I to keep up any sort of a readership without pictures? I don't know but I've already learned a valuable lesson. If you want lots of people coming to your blog and commenting all one needs to do is write a controversial post! How many comments did I get? 20 something? Either way it was really fun to hear everyone's thoughts on the issue. I'm sure more can be said but I'm going to wait 'til I'm feeling desperate for a post that gets more than 2 comments before I expound anymore on that topic.

We've been on the road for 2 solid days. Karis is doing amazing, which is a huge blessing. She took a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon and then surprised us by doing the same thing today! The only down side to that is that when we finally arrive at the hotel completely exhausted she is ready to run a marathon. Last night wasn't bad though, I fell right to sleep. I guess I don't really know if she went right to sleep or not...I think I was too tired to be awakened. Maybe that explains the blue toothpaste I found all over the pillow this morning? Or the lip stick on the walls? Just kidding...whatever she did while I slept soundly wasn't destructive.

I also received word last night that my grandma passed away. A lot could be said about that. Even though I'm grieving now I know I won't be able to really deal with it 'til we go there in August, I walk in the door to their house and only my granddaddy is there to greet us. This is definitely one of the most frustrating aspects to living overseas.

Well, I think I better put a leash on my daughter and run her around the building about 25 times.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry about your family's loss. I know it is hard to be away when a loved one passes. I was in boot-camp when my Granny went to be with Jesus.

Meg in Tally said...

Kell, I know it must be so hard to be so far from your family especially during times like this. I'm sure its hard on MamaWeso have 4 of her ducklings away from her too!

We'll be praying for God's perfect peace in your life as you process your grief. I've had quite a bit of it lately and am so blessed to have the blessed arms of Jesus wrapped around me when I cry.

Hope your birthday tomorrow is fabulous!!!

allhisblessings said...

Oh I so sorry for you, losing your Grandma. Here's a prayer for your (and your family's) comfort.

MamaHen Em said...

I'm sorry for your loss. That seems such an inadaquate thing to say, but I know how hard it is when someone you love so much is gone.

Stacey Lee said...

It will sink in a lot more for me too whenever we make it to FL. Did you see the slide show mom made? That made me cry again. It's really hard. I wish I could have been there and seen her one more time.