CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Filhos e Bichos.

I think I'm going to get just a bit personal in my post tonight (or at least in this first section...if you're not into personal issues just skip right past:-)

We went back to the Dr. yesterday to go over the results of our tests (testing fertility). The good news is everything looks great and normal! The not-so-encouraging news is that even though I am going to start taking something that the Dr. thinks may help me get pregnant there wasn't an obvious problem that we can focus on fixin'. Anyway, after the new year I'll start taking this medication and wait a few months to see if anything changes. I won't go into the details of what the medication does since, well, that's kind of weird to write on a blog (if you're interested send me an email and I'll share all the not-so-interesting details!).

The main reason I'm sharing that is because I want you to listen to a song that has been an enormous amount of encouragement to me these past few months! I put it at the top of the list on my music player (on the side of my blog). It's called "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. I've always liked this song but for some reason when we were on the way to the Dr.'s the first time a few months ago I really listened to the verses. Go listen to it real quick if you have a chance...

I am so challenged by the words of this song! I have realized that my attitude in life (presently in my desire to have more children) there are voices that would love to discourage and defeat me yet I have the choice to choose to listen to the Voice of truth. Truth. I love that truth exists! And I love that my Savior speaks words of truth that bring life and hope. I hope this song encourages you in the same way it has encouraged me.

Now onto less serious personal things...

We had our first fire in the fireplace a few nights ago!


Yes, it got down to 68 degrees outside and 72 inside...the fire brought the temperature up to the high 70's. Mike and Kelli live in a very hot city so they were walking around all bundled up! I was teasing them that most people in the States keep their a/c thermostat set between 70-75. And they're about to spend the winter months in Michigan! ha! I think after living here 4 months we've acclimated to the cold.

Thankfully beetle season appears to be over. Unfortunately the flying termite season is in full swing. Honestly, I can't tell you what it is like once the sun goes down! I rode my bike home today at dusk time and they were hitting my face/hair, etc. I passed by a friend who yelled "whatever you do don't open your mouth!". Good idea...I hadn't thought of that. Anyway, even with the doors and windows closed they still manage to find their way into the house.

Here's my makeshift flying termite trap


And here's one of those fancy sticky fly traps that Mike and Kelli gave us!

I do feel kind of sad for the little boogers but the alternative is too miserable (termites EVERYWHERE...on me, on my counters, in my sink....I really don't like them getting stuck in my kitchen sink!).

If we leave a light on outside then this is what it looks like in the morning underneath that light.


And this is poor Moof's waterdish each morning (located INSIDE my KITCHEN!)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!


12 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that song too .... the words are awesome! YAY on the good news at your Dr's appointment! Yuck about the termites! Ahhhhhhh is right! ha!

MamaHen Em said...

That is one of my absolute favorite songs. We really do serve an awesome God who knows exactly what we need and when to give it to us. I'm so glad to hear that your news is good and hopeful.

On the other news, can I saw EWWWWW right along with you?? Oh heavens that would make me twitchy. Twitchy.

Mrs. Pittman said...

I just finished having a great time catching up on your blog.....and I'm reminded once again that it takes a definite "calling" to be a missionary. I Do Not have the calling. I would've left the first morning I woke up to a dog dish full of bugs, not to mention the tarantulas, the strange fruit, or raking up mangoes.

I like the new house! With the awesome fireplace and the cool windows!

I'll be praying for your fertility troubles-

ThePrincessDeb(who's glad someone is still blogging :)

Christopher Ryan said...

Isn't it wonderfully reassuring to know that our God is not moved by the circumstances we find ourselves in at any particular moment! I haven't heard that song in a while, and it was an encouraging reminder that the truth God speaks has nothing to do with the things we see. I've known our whole lives that you were going to make a great mommy some day, and I was right. Sidonie and I will be praying with you for God to somehow overcome whatever is at the root of the problem. The prayer of a Righteous man avails much!

As for the bug problem...we don't have bugs coming in over here in Germany, but we do have mold! UGH! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to keep bugs out! Apparently, if one doesn't keep the blinds drawn and the external windows and doors cracked here (never mind that it's raining and the high is 8C today) the humidity builds up on the walls and creates mold! Because the heat is all steam (radiators) there is not really anything to dry the indoor air out. I'm not so sure what one is supposed to do when the temp drops below 0 and it's snowing...? I guess we'll find out soon enough!

I'm so glad we're able to keep in touch via technology! Isn't the wisdom God gives folks pretty neat?! Miss you guys! Tell Jonathan and Karis hey for us!

MamaHen Em said...

Ok. When you are in scrapblog, in the creating page, go to file, then choose 'save as JPEG' That will save your layout picture to your computer. Then go to your blogger page, choose layout. Then where your title normally is, there is an edit button. Click on that. Check the box that says choose from your computer, then also the box that says use instead of title and description.

If the picture isn't the size you want once you've done that, you can edit it using whatever photo editing picture is on your computer. Mine is HP Photo. The measurements on my blog are 750x350. You might have to play around with it to get it the banner width you want. Then you'll have to save it and reload it on the layout page again.

Hopefully this was helpful!

Unknown said...

I love the new look of the blog.
I love that song too.
I love that we can keep up this way.
I love reading comments from others.
I love saying "I love."
Love, mom

Christopher Ryan said...

Love the new layout! What fun :D

MamaHen Em said...

I'll just clog up your comment space, too!

I LOVE the header! you did a great job. It looks absolutely beautiful!

Laura said...

Great new look for your page. maybe when you are state-side you can come over and help me with mine.

I think it is funny that you used your fireplace already. Here we don't use ours until the night temp is below 40 degrees for a few days and the house needs the heat set on 68 to stay bearable.

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Termites: Normal
Love Bugs: Abby-normal
Both: Grosser than Gross!

bjk said...

I like the new header on your blog page. Very creative. Noticed that Pepper was not in the photo - is she afraid of cameras too?!! (smile)

Meg in Tally said...

Yuck! I would hate to wake to that each morning...poor Moof!

Love, love, love Voice of Truth --notice it says "Listen and BELIEVE the voice of Truth"...not just LISTEN! Casting Crowns is awesome. Mark Hall graduated from BCF in Graceville!