CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

O.J... Glorious O.J!

I've been trying to post on my blog every few days or so but now I'm deciding to post when something comes up or I get inspired instead of attempting to be on a bloggy-schedule. We've had a nice morning and since I can't get to packin' 'til my hubby returns with packing tape I'll procrastinate and post about our morning.

The best $20 I've ever spent was on a citrus juicer when we first moved here. I wasn't sure if it would end up being one of those extra gadgets that I regret buying and end up tossing as I get older and realize that clutter is so...cluttery. Yet this was not the case...I love my juicer! And I especially love it now that we can buy oranges for less than 25 cents a pound here. Karis and I made 2 1/2 large pitchers full of fresh, naturally-sweet, delightful orange juice (total cost $5!).


Oh, can't you just taste it? I don't know how I managed living 7 months on furlough without fresh OJ. Are you jealous of me? I would be jealous of me, if I were you...



My sticky little helper. She scared me a few times as she thrust her hand holding an orange under the knife as I was cutting another one in half (don't get too frightened, grandmas...it was all under control).

The night that Chicky died (without knowing she had died) I brought home her two brothers to take care of for the next few weeks (the owners are going to live an hour away in a larger town to have their first baby!). It's probably good for me to have some healthy birds around for a few weeks. Wow, they're so healthy! I almost forgot what a healthy bird looked/walked like. They are too sweet and very tame. Karis is really enjoying having birds around that she can hold! (Chicky was a bit too fragile for mommy to let anyone hold but herself). As I was reading over this post with Karis on my lap she asked "Did Chicky die? All by herself?" We miss you, Chicky...




5 comments:

MamaHen Em said...

Mmmm. . .Now I'm wishing I had some fresh squeezed orange juice! Right now on my counter is the little tin can, thawing so I can make *sigh* frozen orange juice.

The little bird on your little girls shoulder is soooo cute. What a fun little pet to have around and how nice to have two healthy birds. I'm sorry the other one didn't make it.

Kelley said...

Ah well, I guess there is more to life than fresh O.J...although any of you are welcome to come on down and have some with us! (that'd be awesome...can anybody justify spending a few grand for an out-of-this-world cup of O.J?)

Meg in Tally said...

Aww...sorry about Chicky. Your mom told me about you wondering if a bird could live without feet! LOL!!! Sorry, I can't seem to be reverent...thinking about that picture!

Forget the OJ, I'm jealous of the munchkin! I miss those fun days!

kimberly kubitza said...

yes i am SO jealous - should i start ranting about the frozen concentrate? dont get me started! :)

i am loving the little sayings of karis! but i know there are a few that are not getting posted - tee hee

Mamajil said...

I am so behind on my blog reading but I must say your oj did make me jealous! :)