CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Music to my (your) ears.

Anybody want to sit back and imagine what it's like to live in the Kroeker home for a day? Watch this video...




Ok, now to really get the feeling you're living in our house set your kitchen timer for 30 minutes and when the timer goes off watch the above video again. Continue to do this throughout the day and you'll have the same tune going through your head that is constantly going through mine. I think everybody should do it for at least a week...it'll be a bonding experience.

For those who have never lived in Brazil this is the common way of advertising something...anything. Loud speakers strapped on top of a car or being pulled behind the car (going up and down every side street...over and over and over again). This particular video is a catchy song about a local politician running for office (ok, so I haven't listened that closely so I don't know exactly what he's running for. All I know is that "he has experience" and "he's already proven himself". Bygolly, I guess I should vote for him:-) This week we've already heard advertisements for a fabric store, a church and a "congratulations" to the town (since tomorrow is the town's birthday).

I guess I'm still enjoying living in a Brazilian neighborhood so much that I'm still enjoying this difference in outside noises (in the city we lived in we were far enough away from the busier side of town that we couldn't hear these advertisements).

But the sound that I really, really enjoy is the clopping of the horse hooves. It's such a cheerful sound. I wanted to get this on video as well but it's trickier since you can't hear the horse coming from miles away (like you can the loud speakers on the car) so by the time I hear the horse it's too late to get the camera ready. I'm sure you're all as bummed as I am.


5 comments:

kimberly kubitza said...

i miss the advertisements and the people standing on the street corners with their big signs and flags with candidate numbers on them! whenever i want to hear a jingle i ask hiedi to repeat her favorite one "chiky-chiky". maybe mc cain should get a jingle!

Meg in Tally said...

Too funny! Do they do this because folks don't have televisions? We get so sick of campaign commercials -- maybe this could be a new trend in the US!!!

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Horses hooves. I demand horses hooves clicking and clacking down your street (*unless of course you are too busy to lie in wait for them when you are supposed to be packing...

Jon Jon Wesolowski said...

Eh, Obama and Mccain use similar strategies.

Brandon & Tammy said...

Aah, it brings back childhood memories of Indonesia...they did the same exact thing there!