CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Heartache.

Today I've been humbled and challenged by a blog I read (that Tiff shared in her comment last night.) Since most of you probably wouldn't see her comment and because I think many will be blessed by reading this blog I thought I'd pass it on in this post! This sweet couple just lost their first-born child, minutes after he was born. Apparently there were suspicions that his heart had some problems and the main thought was a chromosome abnormality yet they had high hopes for their little guy and were prepared to receive a baby into their home just like any other expecting couple. It is heart-wrenching in one sense to read their story (you can feel their hurt) yet encouraging and challenging to see how they are leaning on the Savior's grace. I do encourage any of you to stop by and read a few of the posts! I think the easiest would be to start at this post at the address pasted below (Tiffany warned us in her comment to grab some tissues yet I didn't listen and therefore had to make several trips to the bathroom to grab a wad of toilet paper. Meg, you may want to take a whole box of tissues with you to the computer!)

http://caseychappell.typepad.com/baby/2008/08/11/index.html

How humbled and grateful I am by this couples testimony. I had no idea how blessed I truly was that I got to take my baby home with me. I was able to watch her grow and go through all of the baby stages that I had anticipated and thought about during pregnancy. We've had the blessing of watching her grow for almost three years now.

Let's lift up the Chappell family in prayer! May the Lord bless them with His presence and peace during this incredibly trying time. My heart aches for them as I think about the hurt they must feel walking past the room they set up for their little Asher. Cover them with Your love, Lord!

4 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Why in the world do people think I need Kleenex? You would think I cry about everything!!! Oh...that's right, I do! Thanks for the warning!

MamaHen Em said...

I can't even imagine not getting to bring one of my babies home. A sweet friend of my sisters lost her first child this way about six years ago (i think?) but in their case there was no lung development. They were devestated. It's so hard because we want to say that God always has a plan, and he does, but sometimes it is hard to see it through the tears. BUT, without Him, how much harder would it be?

kimberly kubitza said...

i am nervous to read the posting because i had a very vivid dream last night that stephen fell off a cliff to his death below and i was absolutely crushed - my own crying actually awoke me from the dream. and then i just laid there feeling so relieved yet very fearful of what my feelings would do should i ever pass through those waters.
although losing a child at any time is a tragedy i cant imagine losing one that i poured my life into raising and loving.
may the Lord help us to remember that each day with our loved ones is a gift

Tiffany said...

Thanks for posting their blog and for lifting them up in prayer! My friend who is friends with the Chappell family said that they found out around 4-5 months into her pregnancy, that baby Asher had an ophalocele .. which is when there is a defect in the abdominal wall, and the intestines,liver & other organs are in a sac on the outside of the body.That on top of heart probs ... WOW! Some babies do survive and can live with the ophalocele and eventually get surgery ... you can read more by clicking on different subjects on the right side of her blog.