CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

It's 98 degrees in my house! But who's complaining?

"Those who complain the most suffer the least." Isn't that a great quote? Convicting but still great...

If I were to complain about something (besides the hot temperatures) today it would be this....

blog readability test

Movie Reviews

I probably wouldn't have had the guts to actually post this on my blog but since Meg did first I feel like I owe the rest of those who's blog receive this reading level a bit of humble encouragement:-) Actually, since you can check ANY blog to figure out the reading level I went ahead and checked a few. Since the Princesses and Lea's blog received the same elementary level then I felt much, much better about myself (it's all about comparing, you know...Meg, the Princess and Lea all have great blogs and use very educated words so I feel better about receiving the same rating as them...even if they didn't deserve it). Although afterward I checked my cousin Jen's blog and it received the college level rating. But we won't think about that. Perhaps we'll try to forget about that (I should have stopped after checking the Princesses and Lea's!).

We're going to spend the weekend in Brasilia, the capital! I am really excited about getting away for a few days. We have some friends who are doing some linguistic studies there so we're going to go spend some time with them. We'll get to hit the zoo, the hippie fair and maybe even find a decoupage store (I am probably the only one in hopes of squeezing that last item into the agenda!). You know what, I just realized that I spelled hippie fair wrong on my facebook status (hippy fair is what I wrote). I think I'll go change that quickly! (I wouldn't want anyone to think I can only write on an elementary level.)

A few random things happening in the Kroeker home this week....

I began a new decoupage project (hence the desire to find a decoupage store in Brasilia)!!

I've had this idea to make a picture using pieces of napkin (like a mosaic) for a few years now. This project will be much more timeconsuming than other projects I've worked on but I'm excited about it. There isn't much to it now but I thought it'd be fun to come back and remember what it looked like in the beginning stages! It's been sitting on my dining room table all week; ignored for the most part yet still keeping us from eating at the table together (can somebody above an elementary writing level PLEASE tell me if I used that semicolon correctly? Aunt Jan? Anyone??) (Side Note: Thanks to the college-reading-level blogger Jen I discovered via her comment that it should be a comma, not a semicolon. I am now in the know but don't want to change it or her comment won't make sense. We'll see if I can figure out when to use one! Maybe next time!)

It is springtime here! The flamboyant tree behind our guesthouse is beautiful! The ground is completely red from the flowers. Flamboyant trees are a pain to care for but are worth having during this time of year.



The jabuticaba fruit are appearing on the tree as well.


And now for today's Karis funny...

While I was working in the yard Karis played with the hose and drenched herself. Pretty soon she yelled "Mom! Can you get me a towel? I'm sockin' wet!"

I've been tagged again! Mamajil tagged me and here are the rules....

I love having opportunities to share (blab) about my life but have too much to do before we leave. This little gem will just have to wait 'til next week!

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!


4 comments:

MamaHen Em said...

I did that test too, and came in at the highschool level. So much for four years of college and two more working on a masters! I think kids take the brain cells away!

Have a great weekend in the capitol!

Meg in Tally said...

Love your newsy post. Can't wait to hear about Brasilia.

Your red tree reminds me of a tree at the NACA camp up on Dayton Mountain. I took a picture of Bex underneath the bright red leaves...but that was in November!

Our girls won again tonight. We have the championship game tomorrow. Kimbosha played really good! You would have been proud!

Jenni said...

ha ha - this made me laugh several times.

1 - If my blog came up college level, I do NOT take it as a compliment. It is because it is so boring, WHICH I am working on, so if you are reading this comment, don't let that deter you from checking out my blog. :-) In bookstores, I gravitate to the children's section and much prefer elementary school books to college textbooks. So does anyone else in their right mind. So you think it was an insult... but it's not. (Also, college students tend to eat canned soup.)

2 - I believe you can spell "hippie" either way. I found this out when I wanted to make sure that I spelled it right on my Hippie Soap. The dictionary that I, the college level blog person, consulted said it can be spelled both ways.

3 - Comma - not semicolon there. I do love semicolons, though.

4 - I was thinking about you and Stacey today while driving and missing you both. Did I tell you that a little while after you went back to Brazil, Amanda was still making me do the "I feel the earth move under my feet" thing with her? Why does life get complicated when we get older? (I'm contemplative right now...)

Now I have to get home; it's about to rain, and I don't want to get sockin' wet.

Unknown said...

Sockin wet. I love it! I'm in NC and it's finally getting cooler after a week of 80+ degree days (but I'm not complaining). :)