CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A day at some waterfalls.

Yesterday we joined two other families and drove a few hours away to spend the day at a park that has waterfalls. It was a long day but a good one! We packed our lunches and off we went...

I did join the group on the first hike. It was to a waterhole about a kilometer away. That little green puffalump you see on a man's shoulder would be my child (the man is mine, too).


The waterhole was kinda cool. Not overly impressive but very peaceful.


The water itself appeared to be rather stagnant. Stinky too. No thank you, I'll just watch the rest of you swim in the stinky, freezing cold water from this rock.


Ten years ago I probably would have felt pressure to prove myself and get in the water (perhaps do some kind of a flip off of a rock?). It sure is nice being old sometimes...nobody cares whether or not one of the moms is crazy enough to get in. Karis loved the water and didn't mind the cold temperatures!


Lunch time.


Wanting to be like the big girls!


Hike #2. I stayed behind with the munchkin for this one. It took the group a few hours to get to these falls and back.


I guess some of the guys felt like they needed to prove themselves. That or they really do enjoy jumping from large rocks into freezing cold water...


The view was pretty but everything still looks so brown! Just a few more weeks 'til it starts raining every day and then it will all be nice and green!


Ok, I really was impressed with this colorful bug (you can't tell in the picture that the pattern on it's back has red, yellow and green). Some of the girls saw me commenting on it, kind of giggled and said "Aunt Kelley, that's just a stink bug." Really? Guess I'm not up to par on my stink bug identification skills. After we took a picture it flew off my finger and underneath Jonathan's shoe as he was walking away. Yeah, guess it was a stink bug after all.




5 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Fabulous pictures! I love when you show us what Brazil looks like.

That stink bug looks like stink bugs here in the good old US of A!

Mamajil said...

I agree with Meg!!Great pics!!

Thanks for the kind words over at my place
;) As for my header....I have discovered scrapblog.com
I uploaded the pics made the collage exported it as a jpeg file then uploaded it thru blogger layout into my header. I love scrap blog!!!

Unknown said...

I'd enjoy sitting with you on the rock watching those nuts swim in the stinky cold water. Beautiful scenery!

MamaHen Em said...

I think I would have liked spending the day with you all! Stinkbugs, brackish water and all!

Mamajil said...

Hey...I tagged you over at my place come see!! ;)