CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

7 Random facts and almost 7 friends...

Well, as hardly any of you remember I was tagged last week. This means that I get to talk about any 7 random things (that have something to do with me) that I want! Here, once again are the rules.

Mamajil is the friend who tagged me...


And here we go....

1.) I have a hilarious daughter who is two (anybody who has so much as glanced at my blog already knows that fact...or at least knows I have a 2-year old who I think is the greatest.) She is fascinated with roaches and beetles. Maybe because they are everywhere (more so beetles than roaches, hallelujah) and have become a new toy to her (she collects them around the house and before throwing them outside for me will put them in her little toy car and push them around for a ride. I'm sure the ones that are still living when she does this enjoys the joyride). This morning when we were about to make a run to the grocery store on my bike she exclaimed "Mommy! Do you see the beetle? Look at the beetle!" It still amazes me that they still amaze her. I mean, doesn't she get tired of looking at beetles when the whole patio is full of them? And we get in a new batch everyday? Either way she saw one particular beetle that she wanted me to look at. Like a good mommy I went over, looked at the beetle and replied "Yes, he is a beetle. Looks like he's dead". "Oh" she replied. "Did he die all by himself?" Just like Chicky this poor little beetle did manage to die all by himself. I guess we have special beetles flocking (gathering, congregating) to our house!

Here is a picture of the beetle-lover with her toy of the week (her "umbrella" as she calls it, made out of a laundry basket lid and a piece of pipe) and her carrot juice (she loves carrot juice!)


Random fact numero dois. I bought a shrimp plant last week. I really like my shrimp plant (is this an interesting post or what?)

3.) We have a German Shepherd named Pepper. I've never mentioned Pepper before because, well, up until this week she has kind of been a loser pet. We brought her from the mission base where she spent the first 1 1/2 years of her life chained up to a tree. She was scared of everything but we both thought we could help her overcome her fears with a little tlc. That's not what happened folks. We've been feeding and caring for a dog that wouldn't so much as leave the doghouse unless she needed to take care of business. She would take care of her business in the middle of the night when no one was in sight and one time we parked our truck in the back yard (at the rental house) she didn't even come out to do that for 3 days 'til we moved the truck! You truly have no idea how afraid of everything she has been. I could stick a raw piece of meat up to her face but she wouldn't eat it because she was so scared of me and trying to think of a way to escape. Up until this week she would only come to Jonathan (if NOBODY else was in sight). Then all of a sudden she decided she liked me! I have NO idea why. Just one day this week I walked up and she got up, wagged her tail and instead of jumping the wall (which is what she does when she sees people, vehicles, beetles or anything that moves) she came up to me. This is HUGE progress folks. I really thought it was a lost cause. We even talked to the vet in town to see if she would put Pepper to sleep (she wouldn't) since she lived such a miserable existence and because we didn't want to feed, care for and spend money on a dog (that was supposed to be my security when Jonathan travels) that didn't do anything. Literally didn't do anything but eat, sleep and, yeah. This morning she came up to me when I went out for my 5:45am walk so I put a leash on her and took her with me! I think she liked it...we'll see what she does tomorrow morning. Anyway, the only problem now is that when we were at the rental house she was in heat towards the end. It never occured to me that a male dog would be able to fit through the grades of our front gate. Even if it had occured to me I don't think it would have occured to me that a dog that small could find a way to impregnate our German Shepherd. Too bad neither of those occured to me because it looks like we'll be having 9-12 puppies arrive in the next 3 weeks.

Here she is folks...my semi-rehabilitated doggie (can you tell she's just a BIT frightened of the camera?)

4.) I bought a random plant last week ($2). I don't know what it's called but I really like it.


5.) I've been making yogurt for the past few weeks. Now I have a question. If I use Activa yogurt as a starter that has probiotics in it will each batch continue to have probiotics in it as I use a part of the last batch as a starter? I'd love to not have to google that if anybody knows. Also, in this picture what you see is my jar of yogurt on a candle warmer that is plugged into a transformer (everything is 220 here!)...

6.) I bought some awesome flowers at the hippie fair. I hope this doesn't disqualify me as a P.O.O.P.I.E. (hit the link if you have no idea what I'm talking about!) The flowers are actually handmade out of leaves. The lady who made this arrangement wanted way more for it than I wanted to spend. I told her I'd talk to my hubby and pass back by on our way out. We went by for me to say "no thanks" but she was so excited that I did return that she gave it to me for almost 1/2 off! She was so pleased that I returned (I almost didn't because we were so ready to leave at that point). When I left she blessed me and said goodbye with a huge smile on her face. That makes me enjoy these flowers even more :-)


7.) We have a ton of hummingbirds that live in our yard and occasionally fly through our house. This guy got stuck in the diningroom for quite a while. He was getting weaker by the minute 'til finally Jonathan held the pool net up to him which he gladly sat on and then Jonathan just slowly took the net outside. We enjoy watching them come to our honey-filled feeder on the front porch! And I feel good about offereing a healthy substitute for refined-sugar-water. ha!


Now I'm supposed to tag 7 random people...I'm not so sure I'll make it to 7.

1.) Laura at Dance Mommy's Odessey
2.) Jenny at Stamped and Sealed
3.) My cousin Jen at Jen's Musings
4.) Kim at My 1 Chronicles 29:15 Experience (she'll love me for this!)
5.) Karis at Bennetts in Brazil

Yeah, didn't quite make it to 7. Oh well!

The whole right side of my face is throbbing in pain now (something is up with a tooth or teeth). I'm not sure if I'm going to go try to find some pain meds, run to the dentist or take some nighttime meds and sleep it out.Ugh, I really don't like mouth pain!



4 comments:

MamaHen Em said...

I like your random facts and I love that your dog is coming around. our kitty was a freakishly scared animal when she came to us, too. It has taken her a looo-ong time to warm up to us and any unexpected noise freaks her out. Progress is slow, but we love her!

Mamajil said...

I love your post ....I like your plants and your dog...poor little dog! Glad to hear he is coming around! hope your mouth feels better!

Meg in Tally said...

Don't you remember the old adage from Churchill? NEVER GIVE UP! Aren't you glad God doesn't give up on us? He feeds us and even CLOTHES us! (Listen to me! I'm the one trying to get rid of a horse who nobody will ride anymore because he's a pain!!! LOL!!)

Love your random facts --you plant lover, you! Hopefully when we get back from the beach and Nationals, I'll post mine since MamaJil tagged me too!

Unknown said...

Teeth pain remedies ... if you know you have an infection then wrap a piece of garlic in gauze (little garlic, much gauze) and put it between your jaw and your mouth. Do not let the garlic get on your skin because it burns something fierce. If it's pain and not an infection (can that be?) then clove oil (or clove) remedies tooth pain. Stacey found that out last summer. I found out about garlic burning your mouth -- but it did clear up the infection!