CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

And we picketh some more...

This week has come and gone. Everyday has been so jam packed full of stuff I don't even know what we've been up to.

I went to the dentist who discovered the problem (that was causing my mouth pain). It's pretty gross what happened so I won't expound here but I'm happy the problem is solved and that a root canal next week should take care of it.

The bummer is that the tooth that is causing the problems is one that I just had worked on in March (by the most expensive dentist in town) and wasn't done properly. It's a bummer to pay an arm and a leg to get a tooth fixed and it's a really big bummer to have to pay twice to have it fixed since it wasn't done right the first time! The good news (in a cheery voice) is that thankfully this time it won't cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully it will get fixed next Thursday when we don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get it worked on.

I am at a complete loss as to what to post about except the same ol' same ol' jabuticaba tree. Here I am about to tell you all again that the fruit is ripe, we're picking the fruit and trying to figure out what to do with it. I think I'm going to make a TON of jelly and just give it away (we're not real jelly kind of people, except for when it comes to the texture of our waste lines).

Before I go off and show 11 pictures of our tree (or rather of the almost-3-year-old who picks the fruit off of the tree) let me interject a random picture that I just love! This is from our other weekend in Brasilia with our friends Mike and Kelli (pictured is their baby girl Emily). I just love little girls:-)



Ok, back to the tree. Here the child picketh the fruit...

And here the child picketh more fruit with a goofy look on her face (that child's father tells her that these faces come from her mother's side of the family)...


Are you worried that this might be the end of the pictures? Don't lose heart!

This is what the fruit looks like on the inside. It's sweet and yummy but has seeds that you have to chew to get the meat off. I think I'd overdose on them if it weren't so much work to eat them...



And here the child helpeth squeeze out the fruit to make juice...

And that same dear child is the only one willing to drink the juice...

And the very same, dear child stood on a wall with a flower in her hand and smiled after she drank the juice that only she would drink...

For those of you who are related to me and check frequently for pictures of your grandchild (or grandniece, or niece, etc) I added a new gadget to the side of my blog that I think (THINK) will email you every time I post. Is that what it does? I wasn't going to add it out of pure vanity because I'm not going to have zillions of "followers" to display on the side and be proud of but I do think it would be rather convenient for the relatives who aren't avid blog followers to know when to come back. If this gadget does nothing of the sort then let me know!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

What does this fruit taste like? Why don't you drink the juice? The pictures are adorable -- as usual!

MamaHen Em said...

I wish I could come and spend a day picking fruit and making juice! It looks like a lovely time!

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

Here goes one of my pet peeves - can I really have a pet peeve as a believer? "...texture of our waist lines..." I'd hate to know for sure the texture of my waste line... Feel free to delete this comment after you edit... if you want...

Laura said...

Does the fruit taste like anything you've had before? Can you strain the seeds out and use the juice for something other than jelly?

Kelley said...

Ok Kahlua, I don't totally understand your pet peeve. Is it because technically a waist line can't have a texture and I should have just written waist or belly? I've perceived that you are the grammar queen and if that's the case then I'd say you're treading on dangerous waters reading a blog that's been rated at an elementary reading level:-) Also, yes, you can have pet peeves and be a believer. My hubby has more pet peeves than I have brain cells...

Everybody else - the fruit is kind of bland but sweet. I guess it's most like a grape but still different. The juice wasn't good because it was too thick but by the time I watered it down enough to drink it didn't have any flavor. The only other thing I know you can make with it is liquor!

Meg in Tally said...

Love that child that picketh the fruit, and squeezeth the fruit, and drinketh the juice! The friend's little girl almost looks like Karis is holding a doll...so cute!

Now, describe that juice again. It is --but it isn't?