CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two-year old talk

Living with a two-year old is much more fun than I had ever imagined (I guess I've always been a bit fearful of facing the "terrible twos"??) Even though I do feel challenged and humbled in new ways with Karis' confident attitude that life revolves around her, I really, really enjoy the entertainment she brings to our lives (how can some people choose not to have children?). Here are a few short conversations that took place this week...

Karis: "What you doing, mommy?" (both sitting on the bed while she does a puzzle)
Me: "I'm just sitting here watching my little girl. What are you doing?"
Karis: "I'm just sitting here watching mommy".

Karis: "What's this?" (holding up a number 6)
Me: "it's a 6" (keep in mind that Karis does not know her numbers yet)
Karis: "what's this?" (holding up a 9)
Me: "It's a nine".
Karis. "Good job!"

2 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Loved this, Kell! I'm so glad you are writing it down...you'll be soooo happy later. Enjoy those 2's...you'll turn around tomorrow and she'll be getting married!

Tiffany said...

Cute! We are blessed to have our wee-ones! They are so much fun and bring soooo much joy! Thanks for sharing! You can count me in on reading your blog :)