CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cracker Barrel Breakfast in Brazil


A dear friend of ours had a birthday today which we celebrated this morning by having a huge breakfast! (I'm not sure why we didn't start this as a monthly tradition several years ago?) I'm not much of a breakfast person (the only meal of the day I'm not overly excited about) but this was fantastic. Karis and I made O.J. for the occasion. Notice how our oranges down here are actually green on the outside? It took me months to realize that the oranges that are slightly orange usually aren't as sweet or tasty as the greener ones! (no wonder all of the Brazilians stared at me as I dug around and hunted for the bitter ones to purchase!). The kiddos had a chance to swim in our friend's pool which was a thrill for Karis. When she puts on this ridiculous looking swim-suit (thanks for the great garage-sale treasure, mom!) we call her our little "bujao" which means "gas bottle" (and that is exactly what she looks like when she puts it on...one of the small gas bottles we use for our stove). She has no fear of the water so Jonathan has a chance to lose some weight by keeping his heart-rate up as he watches her swim (and that in turn gives me a chance to shed some pounds too because every time he screams "Kell!" I make a mad dash to the pool, only to realize she's happily swallowing vast amounts of chlorinated water. What's the big deal?) We don't let him come swimming with us on a regular basis...



1 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

That girl is just 100% cute! I wonder how she's ever going to learn to swim with that big thing wrapped around her chest!