CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A beautiful day!

I woke up this morning to a cloudy sky...it's dark in the house without sun shining through the windows. Ah yes, these are the beautiful days we look forward to down here! I even hear that a cold spell is heading up this way from the south, maybe it will be cool this weekend...

I really shouldn't be writing on here right now, especially since Karis and I are supposed to be helping with part of the "the move" today (a few moving trucks are coming to take a few offices and individual's housing) but here are one of those urges-to-share I get on a regular basis without anyone to listen (unless I pick up the phone, and I'm just not a phone person). Ok, I'm going nuts! There is this house that we really, really want to buy in the town we're moving to but we can't get funding except through individuals (since we're overseas interest rates are sky high). We have 2 individuals on board and are waiting word from the third (individual who we thought would be in a position to help us out with a loan). What I thought would be waiting 2 weeks max has now been over a month. I know I'm not a patient person and I am sure God is probably using this to make me a patient person, but can't He wait for another opportunity down the road? As all of the other families around here find housing I'm beginning to feel left behind. And because this is in so many ways my dream house (for here in Brazil) I can't stop dreaming about it! It isn't fancy, but it has a nice yard (hard to find here) and lots of space for visitors (or future children?) and also a great porch...which I was day-dreaming about this morning and how nice it would be to eat breakfast as a family each morning on it (the porch). I really better go now but I'll include a picture of my hope-to-be-future-home.


Well, I can be encouraged because at least today will be a cloudy day of waiting vs. a sunny day of waiting.

3 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Just a little advice from an old lady...and nothing you don't already know...

The sooner you can tell the Lord that it is totally and completely in His hands and you're good however which way it goes...the sooner He will let you in on the BEST plan!!!

(Forgive the grammar...but sometimes ya just gotta say it the ya gotta say it!)

Meg in Tally said...

I can't even explain away the grammar without messing it up!

It was supposed to say "ya just gotta say it the way ya gotta say it!"

Kelley said...

Ha! Well said...you are so very right. And the funny thing is that we received an email from the third potential lender who said "can't answer 'til the end of June". Yes, there is something I'm supposed to learn here. Guess I better hurry up and learn it or I'll have to wait forever with other things too:-)