CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An Extra Dose of Patience

How funny that after waiting over a month we'd receive an email from the third "potential donor" the same day I decide to vent/complain on my blog! And what was the answer? "We can't answer 'til the end of June". Yes, I have patience issues to work out in my life and the Lord is deciding to work them out in me now (I just hope they get worked out quickly so that I don't have to wait for extended amounts of time in other areas in my life).

And now for some more two-year old talk....

After reading to Karis "If you give a pig a pancake" tonight, she decided to try out some new vocabulary. It went like this...

Me: "and if you give her some syrup...chances are she'll want a pancake to go with it".
Karis: "aw, how terrible" (I have no idea what she meant by that...I don't think she does either.)

Another random thought...are there any moms out there reading this who have some good ideas on activities with toddlers? I do the same ol' same ol' (tea parties, coloring, puzzles, books) but I'm anxious for something new and exciting. What is a fun activity you can do with a 2 1/2 yr. old? (who doesn't stop talking). I could probably get more ideas by surfing the net since I don't know if anybody is reading this besides mom, mary and my dear mother-in-law (and two out of the three are biased since they want to hear about their wonderful granddaughter. I guess that shouldn't matter...thanks for the comments, guys!)

Ok, last thing for the night (is it really 11pm? what am I thinking?). Karis has been watching her new favorite dvd once a day (maybe twice a day here and there:-) and as it is beginning she always runs up to me and says "It's going to be silly mommy!" How cute is that? How did I end up with such a cute kid? (as I've heard from other moms and find it to be true, feelings toward my child are overwhelmingly positive when she's sleeping.) She's such an adorable sleeping child...

2 comments:

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

I told you, I'm reading it, too. I have no idea what to do with a 2.5 yo girl, but my 2.25 yo loves to go outside and pull/push anything with wheels. He loves to play with water and cups (it doesn't have to be running but in a tub/container). He loves to help me do whatever I do. He'll also play with trains and cars. Writing/scribbling is lots of fun, too.

Kelley said...

Ha! Cool...although I'm not sure who this is (is it Kanani?). Good ideas...I do need to include Karis in my every day house duties (but that requires patience:-)