CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Wedding

Preparing for a wedding in the Wesolowski home is quite an event. I mean, once you add in dumpster diving, making mints and trips to the Good Cents store (once a day instead of twice) it's a bit challenging to keep things from getting chaotic. I'm not sure we accomplished as much, but it sure was a fun week!

Here are just a few pictures taken that week...

Making mints

Did I already have the mint picture in another post? I remember commenting on the amount of mint dough I consumed but don't know if this picture made it in or not. If this is the 2nd time I've posted it, my apologies. My almost sister in law is pictured to the right of me...isn't she cute?

Hair cuts

David finally gave the elves the hair cuts they so desperately needed! I was so thankful, though I couldn't believe he decided to go for it on the day of the wedding!

Rehearsing Flower Girl

Ok, I'm a proud mom. When it comes to letting your little girl be a flower girl it is risky business. Even though most people are only interested in seeing the bride walk down the aisle things can get kinda tense if the flower girl makes a scene. I really didn't want my flower girl to cause a scene and thank goodness, she was the best flower girl ever! Really, she was. She rehearsed great except that she kept wanting to walk back up the aisle to pick up the flowers she had just dropped (which also made me proud but in a ocd kind of a way:-) No matter, all we had to do was bribe my candy deprived child with a lolly pop only if she didn't pick the flowers back up and...wala! After she came down the aisle and sat on my lap up front the first thing she said was "mom, I didn't pick up the flowers. Where's my wolly-bop?" Good girl.

This was taken after the ceremony while waiting to have pictures taken with the kiddos. The photographer pretty much ignored us and the kiddos the whole time and didn't even take their picture! (nah, I'm not bitter:-) Then Benby was quite disturbed that because we waited so long to have a picture taken that wasn't taken we ended up missing out on the shrimp at the reception. Ah well, such is life!


Grandma with her grandbabies (I love this picture!)


Ok, the next pictures are totally out of order but for some reason blogger wont' let me cut and paste them without erasing the pictures above them. So here they are in totally random order...

One last visit with my grandparents. I really miss them!




The happy couple out on the dance floor.



Jon Jon and Karis on the dance floor. He looked so handsome in his tux that he didn't pick out:-)



Karis with her cousin Jagger. Oh, do I miss that boy!


Visiting with the relatives the day after the wedding. The video to the left is Jon Jon doing the worm and the one to the right is of Uncle Jimmy doing the worm. I'll let you decide who did a better job.






6 comments:

Stacey Lee said...

I love that you put the worm videos on there. That was really funny. Karis was the perfect flower girl. I didn't read anything about cousin Dom or Aunt Stacey being there for part of the visit? I probably just missed it somehow : )

Unknown said...

I love the worm videos too! It's such fun to check on favorite blogs and see that they've been updated. Wahoo. I like it when you are in a contest to blog every day. If you do that again I'll give you a prize ... not a lolly pop, hm ... what would motivate you to blog every day? I'll give that some thought.

Laura said...

Great blog. Love the worm. Uncle Jimmy might need to limber up his back to do a better worm. I think Jon Jon takes this one.

Meg in Tally said...

Just too funny! Loved the pictures of EVERYBODY!!! Dom didn't look to happy on granny's lap...but he sure looked sweet the rest of the time!

All the brothers looked extra handsome all duded up in their finery.

Just a note: How can you NOT have hundreds of hits on your blog when your mom advertises it so heavily on TCHF and Facebook...and probably a lot more places I haven't seen yet! She's great at publicity!!!! LOL!!

Christopher Ryan said...

OK, so the picture of your mom with the kids is SO sweet! She looks so happy! Stacie's little one, on the other hand, seemed pretty upset about something! What about that BLONDE hair on Jagger! It looks like you guys had a great time (shrimp or no shrimp!)

MamaHen Em said...

First, I LOVE your new header! What a fun, fun wedding! Everyone looks like they had such a great time!