CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Let the Sun Shine In....

Isn't Sunshine glorious? I truly never realized how much I was affected by the weather. We went a week or two without good sunshine and it was rough. Really rough. Now the sun has returned and kept us not-so-gloomy on a regular basis. I love the sun!

The sun means....

Laundry gets done! Fresh, grassy smelling sheets. Yum.


Having the sun out also means we have many butterfly friends around. My sister in law has a peculiar fear of butterflies. I love butterflies. I'm mentioning her fear to see if she's still reading my blog.



This has nothing to do with the sun but when I'm mentally prepared for the mess (about once a week) Karis' new favorite thing to do is to "cook"!




We really miss Vovô and Vovó!!




Everybody remember our little Chief (aka Chief-a-doo, Chiefton, etc)??

I have very sad news. Chief-a-doo has distemper. Poor little guy. I am treating him at home but his chances of making it are rather slim. He is acting so much more normal now after a few days of treatment (eating a little bit, playing) but I have to remind myself that that doesn't mean that he has a better chance of making it. He could in the next few months start having convulsions, and then that's it. Does anybody remember Chicky? My poor sickly, paralized parakeet from last year? Anybody seeing a pattern here? For your own good, animals, stay. away. from. us. Please, it is not worth the risk of catching the Kroeker-pet-curse.

On a slightly funny note...

Karis has heard me talk to others about Chief and so she understands that he is probably going to die. I guess she isn't old enough to be affected by this in a negative way but just takes it all in stride, confidently telling people "Chief is going to die". Well, the other day I was visiting with a friend in our living room when Karis came in running and exclaimed "Mommy! Chief isn't sleeping! And he isn't dead either!" Thanks for the great news, munchkin.

Kinda off subject, again. But sometimes I wonder if Karis is having vivid dreams at night and then remembering them the next day. Almost every day she says things like "remember when so-and-so climbed the mountain and fell off?" Uh, no. Don't remember that one. Or "do you remember Mrs. Smith? She has a present for me. It's a pretty box and a butterfly" (I'm serious about the butterfly...she really said that, I'm not just trying to stick with a butterfly theme.)

Alrighty-who, time to get this day started!





4 comments:

Christopher Ryan said...

Sorry to hear about Chief, love the "cooking" pictures, and totally agree about the sunshine! We went so long with very little sunshine here, I had kind of forgotten how nice it was! Oh, and you most certainly DON'T have a pet curse! Remember all the pets (and poultry) you held/petted at our house growing up? You never cursed any of them! Enjoy the sunshine, and we'll pray for Chief to get better!

Laura said...

I'm so with you on the sunshine thing. As I have gotten older, the winter months seem to take a greater and greater toll on my mood. Don't know the solution since we live in a pretty sunny place. Maybe we just need to change hemispheres every six months :)

MamaHen Em said...

Oh I definitely think the sun being out makes a HUGE difference. I'm so jealous of your clothesline. We had one growing up but here the HOA frowns upon them. I'm lucky to have a garden. How I long for land outside the city!

Your poor puppy. We adopted a cat last year and within three days it came down with distemper. It's hard on the caregiver the most, I think.

Unknown said...

I love hearing the cute things that Karis says ... write down more and share them! I've never known anyone to be afraid of butterflies. What all does Karis help you cook? I wish she were here to cook with us! We'd love that.